Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Story :: Be alert with Cyber Criminals

 July 2015

 

I was participating in Launchpad programme at NSRCEL (in IIMB Campus), to make IT (Information Technology) Startup Business venture with NIRAM as a Founder

 

One day, I got a (Mobile) Call from an anonymous person (may be Cyber Crime Suspicious). 

That Anonymous person said “Sir, Government is asking for KYC update for Bank Accounts immediately. … …  

In which Bank, you have the Bank Account ?”. 

[ I was alerted, due to his suspicious nature and question.  But, want to know about him. ]

I said “I am having Bank Account in RBI.”. 

 

Anonymous person said “Oh.  Can you tell me your Bank Account Number.”. 

[ Then, I discovered that Anonymous person as a Cyber Criminal. ]

Later, I said “RBI is giving ATM Cards for Bank Account-holders.  

Bank Account Number is encrypted as QR Code, on the ATM Card 

So, don’t know Bank Account Number.”. 

 

Cyber Criminal said “Then, tell me your ATM Card PIN.”. 

I said “Is ATM Card PIN required… to do KYC update ?”. 

Cyber Criminal said “Yes, Sir.  Please tell me your ATM Card PIN.” in hurry. 

 

Then, I said “Oh… …  Now, I identified you perfectlywho… you are… and… what… you do.  

I think that you know my Mobile Number… … right ?”. 

Cyber Criminal said “Yes.  I know.”. 

Then, I said “First… you note down my Mobile Number.  

By the time, you complete… it’s writing, …   

Police will come and meet you.   

He will tell you the remaining details…!”. 

 

(Mobile) Call was disconnected.          

Then, I felt safe🙂 😊 


-----


This incident made me to write the following Blog Articles...    …  …  …  …      


National Security & Privacy :: Importance of having Cyber Security. 

https://RamalingeswaraRaoKV.blogspot.com/search/label/Police/ ).  


Request to TRAI :: About the Common Issues with the Telecom Services.

https://RamalingeswaraRaoKV.blogspot.com/search/label/TRAI/ )

 


✳  ✳  THE END  ✳  ✳